Cheap spring break accommodations in NYC
Spring is quickly approaching, and if you are still looking for a great and affordable spring break trip, New York may be just the answer this year. While thousands of students flock to the beaches of Florida, Mexico and the Caribbean every year for a week of binge drinking, random hookups and girls-gone-wild worthy moments, this certainly isn’t every student’s idea of a good time. Maybe you’re not quite ready for swimsuit season or maybe you’d just rather spend your week seeing live music, hitting the Manhattan bar scene and soaking up some culture during your week off.
The problem with New York, however, is that there is usually a pretty hefty price tag for all of that culture, great food and hopping night life. Not only are drinks expensive in the Big Apple, but hotels are notoriously pricey— making visiting this city during spring break a little out of reach for students on a tight budget.
There is now a new hotel in New York City that is designed precisely for the student or group looking for a great, trendy place to stay without having to spend an arm and a leg. The Pod Hotel recently completed renovations on townhouse suites, which are perfect for groups of students looking for good deals on New York City accommodations (less money on hotels = more money for booze).
The new townhouse-style hotel rooms are big enough to accommodate four students comfortably, and with rooms starting at just $199/night (that’s $50 per person), you’ll actually be able to sleep in a cozy bed and have a fabulous New York vacation without spending your entire financial aide check. Each suite features a queen-sized Sealy Celestial bed, twin day bed with trundle, spacious living area and private bathroom with a full-sized tub.
About The Pod Hotel
- Location: East 51st street
- New iPod docking stations
- Free WiFi
- Flat-screen TVs
- Target audience 20-35 year olds
- Outdoor garden café
- Rooftop deck
- Modern, space saving design
Other Money Saving Places and Activities in NYC
Because I am a girl always on the hunt for a bargain, there are of course plenty of other ways to enjoy the Big Apple on a budget. Check out some of my other posts on how to do New York on the Cheap:
- Because everyone loves free shit: Free New York City
- Saving money on accommodations = more money for booze: New York City Party Hostels: Where to get down and dirty on the cheap in NYC
- Because Rolling Stone interns may have a cool job, but they don’t make any cash: Great, cheap New York Restaurants: An intern’s budget picks for delicious eateries that won’t break the bank
- For those that like to drink, but don’t want to spend $15 on a cocktail: Where to Drink without breaking the bank
- Budget then versus now:New York budget travel circa 1961 compared to day
- Check in on President Obama for just $1 (no guarantees on getting security clearance):New York to Washington D.C. for $1
- Save money and polar bears? Yahtzee! Travelling Greener: Kimpton Hotels offering 20% discount for guests who arrive by train